LIBERTY, March 11, 2016 - A river flood warning remains in effect for the Trinity River.
Persons are urged to stay away from the river until water levels recede.
Motorists should avoid any water covered roads and find an alternate route.
Livestock and equipment should remain out of the flood plain for the next few days.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather radio or other news sources for further updates.
613 AM CST FRI MAR 11 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
The Trinity River In Liberty
* until further notice...or until the warning is canceled.
* At 0515 AM Friday the stage was 26.7 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 26.0 feet.
* Forecast...Major flooding is expected to develop by Friday night.
* At 29.0 feet...Major lowland flooding begins as homes in several subdivisions above Liberty begin flooding. Extensive flooding over much of Liberty County can be expected with each incremental
rise in the river.
Flood Observed Forecast 6 AM