LIBERTY, January 17, 2016 – A river flood warning remains in effect for the Trinity River.
Persons are urged to stay away from the river until water levels recede.
Motorists should avoid any water covered roads and find an alternate route.
Livestock and equipment should remain out of the flood plain for the next few days.
The Flood Warning continues for The Trinity River In Liberty
* until further notice...or until the warning is canceled.
* At 0815 PM Saturday the stage was 29.2 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 26.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to a stage of 28.9 feet by 6PM Sunday.
* At 29.0 feet...Major lowland flooding begins as homes in several subdivisions above Liberty begin flooding. Extensive flooding over much of Liberty County can be expected with each incremental rise in the river.
Flood Observed Forecast 6 PM
Location Stage Stage Day Time Sun Mon Tue Wed