LIBERTY, January 1, 2016 – A river flood warning remains in effect for the Trinity River.
Persons are urged to stay away from the river until water levels recede.
Motorists should avoid any water covered roads and find an alternate route.
Livestock and equipment should remain out of the flood plain for the next few
The Flood Warning continues for The Trinity River In Liberty
* until further notice...or until the warning is canceled.
* At 1015 AM Thursday the stage was 28.8 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and is expected to continue.
* Flood stage is 26.0 feet.
* Forecast...Little change in river level is expectd for the next several days.
* At 29.0 feet...Major lowland flooding begins as homes in several subdivisions above Liberty begin flooding. Extensive flooding over much of Liberty County can be expected with each incremental rise in the river.
Flood Observed Forecast 6 AM
Location Stage Stage Day Time Fri Sat Sun Mon