LIBERTY, October 28, 2016 – The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) reports that two residents within Liberty County have been diagnosed with West Nile Virus. Both are recovering successfully.
One resident resides in the 77328 zip code and the other in the 77575 zip code.
West Nile, like many other diseases, is spread by mosquitoes and residents are reminded to take the following actions in order to reduce the likelihood of being affected by diseased mosquitoes.
• Apply EPA-approved insect repellent.
• Wear pants and long-sleeve shirts.
• Use screens or close windows and doors.
• Remove standing water in and around your home. For example, change water in pet dishes daily and clean bird baths.
• Cover trash cans or containers where water can collect.
• Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
Residents with additional questions regarding West Nile can find information on the DSHS website at www.dshs.texas.gov