LIBERTY, November 4, 2015 - A river flood warning remains in effect for the Colorado River... Middle Yegua Creek...Navasota River...and the Trinity River.
Persons are urged to stay away from the river until water levels recede.
Motorists should avoid any water covered roads and find an alternate route.
Livestock and equipment should remain out of the flood plain for the next few days.
The Flood Warning continues for The Trinity River In Liberty
* until further notice...or until the warning is canceled.
* At 0715 PM Tuesday the stage was 28.2 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 26.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to remain steady for several days due to steady Lake Livingston release. Some additional rise is expected over the weekend with levels approaching major flood stage. Major flooding is more likely if there is additional excessive local rainfall.
* At 29.0 feet...Major lowland flooding begins as homes in several subdivisions above Liberty begin flooding. Extensive flooding over much of Liberty County can be expected with each incremental rise in the river.
Flood Observed Forecast 6 PM