J C Burnham Foundation Scholarships
LIBERTY, April 7, 2015 - Attached you will find the application for the 2015 JC Burnham Foundation Scholarships, as well as the criteria. Please note the deadline is May 1, 2015 and all applications and support materials need to be submitted to the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Office located at 501 Palmer Ave, in Liberty, TX 77575. If you need directions, or assistance finding the office, please call (936)334-3230.
- All applicants for the scholarship are to complete the formal application.
- Scholarships will be awarded based upon the following criteria.
- Academic attainment – Students need not have an all “A” average, but should be of such caliber to indicate an ability to profit from and be intellectually able to complete course work in chosen field of study.
- Leadership – Indications of leadership potential such as extra-curricular activities, including membership and participation.
- Citizenship – Attitude toward and relation to country, community, church, home, school faculty, and student body.
- Economic Necessity – Students need not be without financial backing, but those students who would have the greatest difficulty, relatively speaking, in attending college will be given priority.
- Scholarships can be awarded in the following categories.
- Liberty County 4-H Scholarship - Active Liberty County 4-H members seeking a degree from an accredited institution.
- Technical/Associates Scholarship - Students seeking Associates Degrees/Technical Certifications through an accredited institution.
- Traditional Scholarship - Students seeking Bachelors’ Degrees from an accredited institution.
- Continuing Education Scholarship - Students currently enrolled at an accredited university, college or technical institution.
- Completed scholarship application is due into the Liberty County Extension Office no later than May 1, 2015 by 5:00 pm. The office is located at 501 Palmer Ave in Liberty, Texas 77575.