US 69 Ramp Project
BEAUMONT, December 19, 2014 - The US 69 ramp project consists of reversing, relocating and constructing new ramps along a three-mile stretch of US 69 in Beaumont.
It will improve safety from the I-10/US 69 N. interchange to SH 105 by addressing congestion. The project will also prepare the section of US 69 for future improvements.
- Between the I-10/US 69 N. interchange and the 11th Street overpass
- A new Delaware exit ramp will be constructed in front of Café del Rio off of the US 69 northbound exit from I-10.
- The existing I-10/US 69 southbound entrance ramp in front of Austin Middle School will be replaced by a new entrance ramp further south of the school eliminating access to the I-10 eastbound exit. (The current ramp will only be closed after the new ramp has been constructed and opened)
- The existing US 69 northbound entrance ramp from Delaware will no longer connect to US 69 but will be reconfigured to connect with the frontage road on the opposite side of the 11th Street overpass. A new Lucas exit ramp will be constructed and run parallel with the reconfigured ramp both flowing under the 11th Street overpass and connecting to the frontage road that runs in front of Home Depot.
- The US 69 northbound entrance ramp from 11th Street will be eliminated and all traffic will flow to the frontage road.
- The current Delaware exit ramp from US 69 southbound will be reversed into a US 69 southbound entrance ramp.
- Between the 11th Street overpass and Lucas
- The existing Lucas exit ramp in front of Home Depot will be removed and a new US 69 northbound entrance ramp will be constructed before Home Depot.
- A new 11th Street overpass entrance ramp will be constructed in front of Kinsel Motors and will merge with the existing 11th Street exit from US 69 southbound.
- The existing US 69 southbound entrance ramp from Lucas will be converted to the new Delaware exit ramp.
- Between Lucas & Dowlen
- The existing US 69 northbound entrance ramp from Lucas will be converted to the new Dowlen Road exit ramp.
- The existing Dowlen Road exit ramp located before Target will be converted to the new US 69 northbound entrance ramp.
- The existing US 69 southbound entrance ramp from Dowlen located in front of Gander Mountain will be converted into the new Lucas exit ramp.
- The existing Lucas exit ramp from US 69 southbound located in front of Bells Furniture will be converted into the new US 69 southbound entrance ramp.
- The Dowlen, Lucas and Delaware overpasses will be widened.
- Auxiliary lanes and some new frontage road lanes will be added throughout the project.
Construction will begin Jan. 12, 2014, and is expected to last for approximately two years.