House Fire on Beaumont Ave.

LIBERTY, March 4, 2014 - According to Fire Chief Fred Collins the origin of the fire at 2223 Beaumont Ave shortly before 1:00 PM today was an electrical wiring short in the wiring between the first and second floor of the home.

That wire ran through floor joists and up a wall into the attic where there was a second short and source of ignition.

The fire department was quick to arrive on the scene utilizing their CAFS System (Compressed Air Foam System) that uses little water to extinguish fires in order to minimize damage.

Smoke damage was largely confined to the attic and the two-story duplex owned by Mr. Robins of Liberty was saved.

Collins stated that there was no one at home at the time of the fire.

Give us your Feedback about this story!

 

Find Local T.V. Listings

Enter your zip code: Reference tools for you Forms for your site

find

 

Copyright � i-dineout.com. All rights reserved

For questions, comments, advertising information or to send a press release