House Fire in Liberty

LIBERTY, July 12, 2013 - The Liberty Fire Department and EMS responded to 509 Trinity Street in Liberty around 4:00 PM on Friday for a house fire.

Firefighters utilized water from two fire trucks to put out the fire as a hydrant near the house was not available.

According to Fire Chief Fred Collins the department utilized a relatively dry foam to fight the fire.

Collins stated that an occupant of the home threw a cigarette out a rear window that caught a rubbish pile on fire. The rubbish pile in turn sent the rear wall of the house on fire and the fire traveled up the wall and into the attic.

All the occupants were able to get out of the house and no injuries were reported.

 

Share |
 

Give us your Feedback about this story!

 

 

Find Local T.V. Listings

Enter your zip code: Reference tools for you Forms for your site

find

 

Copyright � i-dineout.com. All rights reserved

For questions, comments, advertising information or to send a press release