Dayton Boy Burned in Home Accident

DAYTON, February 17, 2013 - Liberty County Sheriff’s Office dispatchers received a call concerning a young boy who was burned in an accident at 10:36 AM Sunday morning according to Captain Ken DeFoor.

Captain DeFoor stated that the accident occurred as the 12 year old boy was burning ant hills with gasoline at his home at 374 CR 4704 just south of Dayton off FM 1409.

The boy, thought to be student at Dayton Schools, was carrying a five-gallon gas can in his hand when fire jumped from an ant hill to the can and ignited.

Liberty County EMS responded to the scene and found the boy to have suffered second and third degree burns to approximately 80 percent of his body.

The Dayton Volunteer Fire Department manned a landing zone at the intersection of CR 4701 and 4704 where Life Flight landed and transported the boy to Houston’s Hermann Hospital for treatment.

The incident is being investigated by the Liberty County Sheriff’s Office.

Share |
 

Give us your Feedback about this story!

 

 

Find Local T.V. Listings

Enter your zip code: Reference tools for you Forms for your site

find

 

Copyright � i-dineout.com. All rights reserved

For questions, comments, advertising information or to send a press release