|Update - Tropical Storm Imelda
BEAUMONT September 23, 2019 - Entergy Texas has restored service to nearly all 40,000 customers that lost power during Tropical Storm Imelda. However, approximately 67 customers in Beaumont and 193 in Port Arthur remain without power, but are expected to be restored by 8pm tonight. In the Winnie and Anahuac areas, approximately 673 customers remain without power. In these areas, customers that are accessible and able to take power are expected to be restored by noon Sunday. Any customer who still has not received their power please follow your outage timeline on view outages map.
Thank you for your patience as our team safely restored power and thank you for being a valued Entergy Texas customer.
For customers in areas that have been significantly impacted by flood waters, Entergy will inspect meters, then repair and replace them as necessary. Customers may need to make repairs to property and obtain inspections before Entergy is able to safely restore power to these locations.
Safety considerations after a flood:
1. Live wires can be deadly. Stay away from downed power lines. Call 1 800 9OUTAGE or 1 800 968 8243 to report downed or dangling power lines, poles or other damaged equipment.
2. Do not trim trees or remove debris on or near downed power lines. Only power company crews or their contractors should remove trees or limbs touching power lines.
3. Keep away from the immediate areas where crews are working. There is always the danger of moving equipment and the possibility of construction materials or limbs or overhead wires falling to the ground.
4. If you plan on using a generator for temporary power, get a licensed electrician and disconnect from the utility electric system before hooking up to your home main electric panel.
5. Do not run a generator in a confined space without adequate ventilation.
6. Avoid using candles or other flammable devices to warm your home.
7. Try to stay off the roads. More traffic in bad weather leads to more accidents, including more injuries and fatalities as well as accidents that can damage electrical poles and other equipment, creating outages and impeding the ability of crews to access and repair damage and slowing restoration.
We want to keep you informed and in control so here is the best way to get information about outages in addition to the View Outage application:
1. Download our app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app or visit entergystormcenter.com to stay informed on our restoration progress.
2. Sign up for text alerts. From your cellphone, text REG to 368374 or visit entergytext.com.
3. Follow us on Twitter.com/Entergy or Facebook.com/Entergy.
4. Follow updates in your local news media, like radio, television and newspapers.