LIBERTY, September 4, 2017 - Persons are urged to stay away from the river until water levels recede. Motorists should avoid any water covered roads and find an alternate route. Livestock and equipment should remain out of the flood plain for the next few days.
846 PM CDT Sun Sep 3 2017 The Flood Warning continues for The Trinity River In Liberty
* until Wednesday morning...or until the warning is canceled.
* At 0831 PM Sunday the stage was 29.8 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 26.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will remain in major flood stage and will continue to fall very slowly.
* At 29.0 feet...Major lowland flooding begins as homes in several subdivisions above Liberty begin flooding. Extensive flooding over much of Liberty County can be expected with each incremental rise in the river.