||Safety Tips for Halloween
LIBERTY, October 31, 2017 -
Review the tips beolow and have a safe and fun Halloween!
- Do not allow a child to go "Trick or Treating" alone. Be sure older children TAKE A FRIEND and an ADULT accompanies young children.
- Be certain to accompany young children to the door of every house they approach.
- Be certain that parents are familiar with every house and all people from which the children receive treats.
- Children should be cautioned that they should NOT enter any home without prior permission from their parents.
- Children should be cautioned not to approach any vehicle, occupied or not, unless they know the owner and are accompanied by a parent.
- Make sure that all children carry a glow stick or wear reflective clothing.
- When using facial masks, make sure that children can see and breathe properly and easily.
- All costumes and masks should be clearly marked as flame resistant.
- Children should be warned to NEVER approach any house that is not well lit and does not have a porch or "outside" light on.
- Children should be cautioned to remember any suspicious incidents and report them to their parents and/or the proper official.
- Children should be cautioned to run away from people who try to trick them with special treats.
- Children should be instructed to scream and make a scene if anyone tries to grab them or force them, in any way, to go with them.
- Parents should inspect all treats and dispose of anything that seems to have been tampered with, has been opened, or is not wrapped.
- A good alternative to "Trick or Treating" is for parents to organize parties at home, in schools, or in community centers.